Jaw crusher is a coarse crushing machine and is mainly used for coarsely crushing rocks with different hardness in ore beneficiation industry and other industrial departments. Other than jaw crusher, jaw crusher is also a coarse crushing machine. In order to correctly choose and reasonably use the coarse crushing equipment, it is necessary to know the advantages and disadvantages of jaw crusher over jaw crusher. This paper mainly deals with those advantages and disadvantages of jaw crusher.
Disadvantages of Jaw Crusher
(1) The jaw crusher is twice the height of the jaw crusher, as a result of which, the construction expenditure of the plant is high.
(2) The weight of this machine is 1.7~2 times higher than that of the jaw crusher with the same feeding size, so the investment fee is higher.
(3) jaw crusher is not suitable for crushing wet and sticky rocks.
(4) The installation and maintenance of the jaw crusher is complicated and the examination and repair is not convenient.
Advantages of jaw crusher
(1) Big depth of the crushing chamber, continuous work, high production capacity and low unit electricity consumption. Compared with the jaw crusher, the jaw crusher has the same ore feeding width, but the production capacity of the jaw crusher is much higher and the electricity consumption per ton of rocks is 0.5~1.2 times lower.
(2) Stable working condition, light vibration and small basic weight. Generally speaking, the basic weight of the jaw crusher is 2~3 times of the mechanical equipment, but the basic weight of the jaw crusher is 5~10 times of the machine itself.
(3) Full chamber feeding. Large-sized jaw crusher is able to be directly fed with crude rocks without being equipped with ore cabin and feeding machine. However, jaw crusher cannot do this and it requires rock feeding in an even manner, for this reason, ore cabin and feeding machine are needed. When the size of the rocks is larger than 400mm, heavy rock feeding machine with high price is needed.
(4) The jaw crusher is very easy to be started, but before starting jaw crusher, assistant devices are needed in order to make the heavy fly wheel rotate.
Anyway, when choosing coarse crushing equipment, the customers should comprehensively consider all of these factors including the performance of the crusher, property of the rocks, granularity requirement of the final products, size of the manufacturing plant and the configuration conditions of the equipment so as to choose the most suitable crusher.